Sunday, February 2, 2014

"Frankenstein" Through the Eyes of Silas

Well we had to read Frankenstein in class this week and let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised. I had never actually read the book or seen the movie but I thought I had an idea of what the story was about. Boy was I wrong! This isn't about a crazy mad scientist who creates this big green monster, who gets loose and causes destruction in the local town, then gets chased back up to the castle where he was created and both the scientist and the monster are killed by villagers with fire and pitchforks. I will not spoil the story for you, but if you have that image in your head, or one that is similar, I highly recommend you read the book. To me this story really kind of boils down to a love story. I don't mean a simple love story between a man and woman, but a love story about companionship, love, knowledge, family, and life. This was an amazing book and I highly recommend that anyone who has not read it needs to read it. Anyway, I just wanted to post something small and tell you about the book and revelation I had after reading it. I know I promised last week to tell everyone about my injury and the story behind my back injury and continued pain and problems in that area. But that will have to wait until next week when I am not so busy. Anyway I hope everyone is doing well and I am still waiting for my first comment. If anyone actually reads this. But if anyone does feel free to post and I will say something about it. As always I leave you saying remember my motto and my #1 rule in life that always needs to be followed. Hope all is well and everyone has a great week.

P.S. If you do not know my motto or my #1 life rule look at previous posts or I will post them again next time I write.

Carpe Diem,
Silas Marner

No comments:

Post a Comment